A 'me' night

I've been in Ohio for 5 days. Today was the conference. It was fine. Then, tonight, I got ready...dressed, in my blue shirt and jeans, and trying to look cute...left for dinner at what I thought was Dave and Buster's. Come to find out, it wasn't. It was supposed to be this place called Gameworks which is right downtown on the river where the Reds Stadium is...and there was a game tonight. By the time I realized where I was going, realized there was zero parking because all the lots said "lot full"...I then turned around, headed back toward Kentucky, pulled into an outback, and had a peaceful dinner by myself. My phone then died, so I had no contact with any human being for 45 minutes other than my super nice waitress. It was wonderful. I enjoy being around people, really...but...I needed my downtime. I realized it when I was leaving downtown and felt like crying because I have been super out going all week lon gwith my happy cheerful, friendly face on. And I just wanted to come back to my Hampton Inn and eat my take-out cheesecake. (It was delicious. I didn't finish it all).
I can't wait to get back to North Carolina tomorrow. I have a 7am flight, and then heading to mom's, then to try on bridesmaids dresses for Shae, and then to run errands and somehow get everything done I need to in like 6 hours.
I need a vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people