Lil' K

I have decided, in the spirit of ....randomness? Hmm. I have decided to do a 'I'm thankful for...' kind of thing. Today, I am thankful for Kristi Brooks :) She has been such a huge huge blessing to me the past year or so. Ever since we realized that we both put butter on pop-tarts.
We met a while ago, probably fall or christmas maybe of 2006? Right when I started getting involved with the student ministry at CSF. She just took me in, and was really sweet and kind. I met her and Emily and they were both just so wonderful! Then in January of 07 I met Janet, and we became friends too. Over time I became good friends with Kristi and Janet. Kristi and I would go on a few double dates, and Janet and I would meet for lunch downtown at Phil's. Then last summer, I kindof faded out of student ministry, took a hiatus for a little while. Then in October, Janet died. And I got an email, telling me to pray for everyone about Janet. I picked up the phone and called Kristi...to find out what happened.
Kristi took me in, once again, under her wing and made me feel like I had never left. With Janet gone, and Emily moving to West Virginia, Kristi was left leading the 9th-12th grade high school girls home team by herself. So, she asked if I'd like to come to one, so I did. I didn't want to replace Janet or Emily, just fill a need, and hopefully help out any way I could. Kristi helped me get to know the girls, and invited me to lots of things. I love these girls...and I love leading these girls more towards Christ! I've said before, how I have regretted laying low and not being involved last summer, and missing time I could have had to hang out with Emily, Janet and Kristi. I still miss Janet, and I'm so thankful for Kristi, and I won't make the mistake again of leaving somewhere he placed me! I know God works all things, for his plan, and am so glad he brought me back to Charlotte South and my amazing friends there!


Halloween 2007. We were fairies who liked to frolick.

Last night, Kristi leading our hometeam about serving.

Comments

Katie said…
Ginnnnnyyyyy!!!! You're SOOO amazing and I LOVE you!!!! <3

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people