Welcome June! 24 weeks :)

If you've never been on bed rest, it's hard to imagine what it really is like. I'm not on full bed rest where I am literally stuck in the bed all day, or where I am hospitalized, so for that I'm fortunate. But, I am in my house all day, either on the couch, chair or in the bed. I can sit up at the kitchen table for a bit at a time but it gets tiring. (And for any of you that ever dare tell a pregnant woman on bed rest to "enjoy this time"... you should be shot). Just sayin'. :-)
There are a billion television shows to watch. I have movies, books, and magazines. I even have stuff I could "work" on like photo books or deleting my email inbox. Somehow though, it all gets old. I've been doing this now for over a month and I've got 4 more to go until my due date. May 1st I was admitted to the hospital. I am so thankful that we have made it to our 24 week goal! But it has come with sacrifices, sacrifices that I would make over and over again if it means our little girl is healthy and strong when she is born. What does a day in the life of bed rest look like? I thought you might ask. Some days I sleep in until... well, until I feel like getting up! That part is nice. I drink a cup of decaf coffee and have a bowl of cereal or eggos. I check emails, facebook, pinterest. I read some. I go sit outside some. I talk to Adam when he calls on breaks. I call my Mom. I text a few friends. I watch the birds come to my window. I eat lunch. Sometimes I cry or get emotional or irritated because I just want to do a load of laundry or go for a drive. I'm not allowed to drive. I can ride in the car to my doctor's appointments, but that's pretty much it. So, I sit here... all day. And wait on Adam to get home to have a human being to interact with :) He's a good human. LOL.
This weekend I have a baby shower! I didn't think I was going to get to have them, but here I am having a baby shower! Thanks to Katie and Pallie for hosting and for all my sweet family and friends who are coming. I will definitely post pics afterward!
But, here's the picture of why it's allll worth it.
Isn't she beautiful?

Comments

Julie said…
You are doing great, mama! Keep up the good work. She is a beauty!!
Jay said…
I like how you made yourself laugh while writing this haha.

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people