27 weeks and 3 days

Oh my goodness we are almost to 28 weeks! I am sooo excited about this fact :) I may or may not have been hormonal in my last blog post. Adam asked me if I was going to delete it and I thought about it, but... decided that everyone is human and everyone has their days when they just need to vent. I'm not perfect so why try to pretend I am in my blog?
The truth is we have so much to be thankful for. Last night I watched Charles Stanley that we recorded from Sunday (since I haven't really been able to go to church) and he kicked my butt! He was talking about how obedience always leads to blessing. Adam and I have been struggling with this because we really feel like we have been obedient and it doesn't "seem" to us that we have received blessings out of it. But, our blessings aren't always what we think they are. Of course, our baby girl is a blessing! Adam's job at The Hartford is a blessing. My being on bed rest and not having income did not seem like a blessing but we have to trust that God has a plan. There are so many other things that we can't see through right now - things that have happened financially especially, how those can be blessings. But, they may just be what God needed to do right now. It's stressful. We are doing all that we can so we just have to trust God to provide. Adam's working two jobs and looking for other things that might help. I read somewhere the other day "work like it depends on you and pray like it depends on God". Made sense. Today I'm writing thank you notes from our shower, so that seems appropriate. Dave Ramsey says you have to get sick and tired of being sick and tired. I think we're there. But there's part of me that's like, dangit... If each one of my facebook friends sent me a few bucks... we'd be debt free. Who thinks that? I do. Weirdo. :) One can wish!

Comments

Lisa said…
I am reading What is it like to be married to me. It is a great book and It is really hitting me hard. One chapter is about complaining and griping. WOW, I didnt realize I did so much of it. I am trying hard to catch myself when I do it. There is a section where christian women think it is ok to complain. But Phillipians 2:14 says we shouldn't.

It is so hard to be a Christian. One of the hardest things I have done and when you become aware of the holy spirit, you become more aware of the sins that is in your life daily. I have a LONG way to go :)

(This is not me getting on to you.. this is me sharing what I have learned and what I need to do.)
Ginny said…
Oh girl I know! I definitely think complaining and gossiping are two of the hardest things to covercome in our lives!
The great thing about becoming aware of the holy spirit, is that you can
"put off the old and put on the new". God's making us more like Him every day! :) Thanks for sharing Lisa!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people