Father's Day 2012

Yesterday was Father's Day and I think Adam had a good first Father's Day. We got him a grill since we sold ours when we moved into the apartment. Every man needs a grill and since he is the one doing most of the cooking these days I thought it appropriate. We also picked up some Dreft so we can start washing baby clothes and items that we've gotten at showers and as hand-me-downs from family and friends. We are really blessed to have people that love us and help us with baby items.
I called Barry yesterday to wish him a Happy Father's Day. I was really fortunate to have two Dads. (And they both had the same name!) They are/were both really great people who love their family. I have a wonderful father-in-law too! I've also got both my grandfathers alive and two great grandfathers alive. It's so cool to be 31 and have all these wonderful men still around.
Adam is going to be a great Dad. Ask anyone. He loves kids and is sooo good with them. They just like being around him. It's one of those things I noticed early on when we were dating...he was playing with the Hood kids in Raleigh on New Years Eve. Shae and I snuck upstairs and looked into the room and there was Adam with the boys, playing with trucks and legos and they were all just perfectly content! It was super cute.

Today I had a Dr. Appointment. I have them about once a week, sometimes twice. Today I am 26 weeks and 1 day along. Dr. Sal said she is measuring 26 1/2 weeks. I had my glucose test too, where they test for gestational diabetes and I don't understand all the hype about how gross the drink was. Tasted like Sunkist to me! It's so crazy to me that we are this far along. 19 weeks was sooo long ago it seems like. Every day that she stays in the womb is really a blessing. She gets to grow bigger and stronger. I've been getting a progesterone shot every Monday to help grow her lungs and to keep me from having contractions. God has a sweet plan for this little girl and we are so excited to watch it all! She truly is a miracle already and we just know this is going to be a wonderful adventure. :)

Adam is going to install the car seat tonight. I never thought having a car seat would be exciting, but it is! We have to be prepared in case she does come early. It's a Chicco KeyFit 30. I heard great reviews from friends and online. In the next 14 weeks you will see a pic of a baby girl in there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people