22 weeks and 2 days

I didn't post on Sunday because I was so exhausted from Saturday night! Yep, you can still have fun while on bed rest. :) We threw a party for our wonderful friends Scott and Kristi Brooks. Adam of course did ALL the work! He was a great host and I just sat there and got to hang out with our friends. Scott and Kristi have been an amazing part of my life for the last 6 or so years. I met them at Team Church in 2006 when I started attending and volunteering with student ministry. Kristi and I led a high school girls hometeam (small group) for the next 3+ years and became the best of friends. We went on vacations together, had a women's bible study together, she was there every time I needed a friend, she helped me with every single aspect of planning my wedding, too! Since Adam wasn't here in Charlotte she went with me to pick out a dress, to the cake tasting, to the florist, to the venues, and of course a bridesmaid...she was just pretty much the best friend a girl could ask for! Scott and Adam work together at the Hartford for the last two years. Adam told me it was going to be weird not seeing him there every day. They live in the neighborhood across the street from us (like, I can walk to their house). We are going to miss them beyond belief! But, the Lord has great plans for them in Kansas!
She was also the one (out of just 3 - Mom, Adam and Her) people I called when I learned I was being admitted into the hospital on May 1st (which, is actually 3 years to the day, she sat at my house with me when I was in so much pain and she took me to the hospital because I had appendicitis!) and she notified all our friends for me about our situation with baby girl. They are really great friends.
Scott, Kristi, Adam and I
All the girls
Speaking of baby girl, she is doing great! I had an appointment yesterday with the surgeon and he said that everything is looking perfect. She is perfectly healthy and weighed exactly 1 pound. Now I go to the Maternal and Fetal medicine office every 3 weeks and I still go to my Ob. Basically, I go to the doctor a lot! At the Maternal medicine office they examine everything in so much detail on the ultrasound each time. They are very optimistic that I will go full term if I continue to do what I've been doing. I was given permission to sit up as often as I want, so I don't have to just be reclining or lying down. The most important thing is that I stay off my feet. I still welcome visitors anytime, so please stop by! I enjoy the company since I do sit here every day by myself!
Friends are busy planning baby showers (and we've moved up the dates just to be on the safe side) so that is very exciting! I've registered at Buy Buy Baby and Pottery Barn Kids (and a few little things at Target - but their website is not so helpful for registering when you can't go in the store to do it.)I'm looking forward to hanging out with my best girls!
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people