20 weeks 3 days

Well ladies and gentleman, we are one week post surgery, praise the Lord! This time last week I was eating hospital chicken fingers and french fries (which, at Presbyterian Main are actually really good!) and was prepping for being discharged. I can't believe it has been a week already. Thank you everyone for your prayers. I'm crying as I'm typing this, not sure if it's from the progesterone shots, the emotions, or the lovely people in our lives that have made this tolerable so far. I went to the doctor on Monday afternoon, thanks to my sweet friend Margaret who was gracious enough to take me so Adam didn't have to miss more work. I was given my first of weekly shots of progesterone and told that I really needed to take bedrest seriously, mostly lying down or being in a reclining position (to which my Mom insists we go buy a recliner immediately, haha). Monday night the Priles brought us dinner and it was delicious! Yesterday Kristi and Quinn came by for a visit and then I slept most of the afternoon. Today Casey brought me lunch and then Kristen came by to hang out and chat. Thank ya'll for being so sweet and kind to come spend time with me while I lay here :) It means soooo much to me! Going from working full time to a quiet house that I'm not allowed to clean, organize, scrapbook (except virtually) and decorate is a challenge. I just lie here, watch tv, look at magazines, play on facebook, etc. While it probably seems glorious to just rest, it is difficult for someone who doesn't like being still..and your tushie gets sore! But, if it means this baby girl gets here healthy then it will be worth every minute! I have learned that pop-tarts make a great afternoon snack, that when it rains I don't feel as bad staying inside, and that it's still possible to "not find time" to spend time with God even when you are forced to do nothing. Ahh, the life of a sinner. ;)
So, I guess I'll get off here, go read my bible, and wait on Adam to get home. Because that's definitely the highlight of my days :) Seriously, what would I do without that man!
Thank you for your prayers, please keep praying that we'll get to a full 36 weeks with a safe delivery!
Love,
G
p.s. My friend Rebecca Fish pointed out that I wrote a blog on loving being at home in a previous post. I also wrote one about dying to self and not complaining about mother hood. Isn't God's sense of humor just hysterical?!  I need to be more careful what I blog about :) Maybe I'll write about how awesome it is to be a millionaire next....

Comments

Julie said…
Haha! Your last paragraph cracked me up. Keeping you in my prayers. :)
Katie said…
I love you, Ginny! You are so encouraging to me! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people