Calabash...oh how I love you so.

I was raised to love the water. Any water really. The lake, beach, rivers, creeks....anything that was water that God made...I loved it. I have wanted to swim, ski, tube, do handstands, be on a boat, or stand on a pier since I was born. My grandparents had a place at Badin Lake (aka amazing place) when I was growing up. I learned to fish, clean fish!, swim, ski, tube, and drive a boat there...It was amazing. When I was in 8th or 9th grade, they sold it. Sad...and then bought a place in Calabash, NC. My dad moved there, doctors told him he needed to get out of Charlotte, and he started working at the Sunset Beach Pier. In winter of 01, Dad switched over and started working at the Ocean Isle Pier. Then in 2002, I lost my dad. My grandparents have kept the place in Calabash. Now they are wanting to sell....to me. Except...the economy sucks right now! I'm trying to save enough for the downpayment so I won't have any problems...but man, am I having problems! Banks don't want to lend and...it's just difficult.
The old bridge going over to Sunset...
And this is the new bridge going over to Sunset... the economic future for Sunset Beach and Calabash is great. They have the new bridge, great restaurants, and it's off 17 between Wilmington and Myrtle. What more could you want?!
I keep praying that the Lord will work His ways through this. I wouldn't want to have it if God didn't want me to. I just keep thinking of what a great place....so many memories, and so many more could be made! Family could go down, family friends, church peeps. But only if the Lord wills and provides.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people