27 + 1

Today, I'm 27 years and 366 days old. I'm 28. I had a great weekend of fun with Shae and a panthers party at the Petko's with most of my cha town friends. Then on Sunday night, I almost had a mid-life crisis but I kept it under control and was able to scrapbook away my anxieties. My thought process went something like this after Shae left on Sunday night....

"It's kinda lonely here, now. Was fun having a friend in town to hang out with. It's only 8pm. What do I do now? I'm normally busy. This is why I keep myself busy because it keeps me from focusing on that I live alone. I house-sit. I don't even have a house or an apartment of my own. I have nothing to show for being 28. All my friends have.... (thank you Holy Spirit for intervening).....I have a great place to live the Lord has provided, I'm not my friends, I'm just me and doing what God has me doing where He has me doing it right now...I'm going to work on my Alaska scrapbook."

That was a moment inside my brain. I calmed down, used some great scrapbook paper, watched The Family Stone for the hundredth time because it makes me laugh and talked to a few friends on the phone. I decided right before bed that I probably was not going to get up at 6am on my 28th birthday and go work out at the gym, because that would be a short-term response to a mid-life crisis. Instead, I'm just going to go to the gym like normal and not freak out. I decided to 'look cute' on my birthday and wear 'real clothes' because most days I wear comfortable jump suits and things that most people wouldn't. But I'm me and I like it.

On the way to work, a lovely young lady by the name of Heather decided to run her Buick into my Honda. Yep, I got rear-ended. On my birthday. God has a great sense of humor. :) After that brief little bump, I headed on into work. Emily brought me a cute little plant and a balloon with butteflies and Happy Birthday on it. I had lots of fun facebook wishes and text messages. I love friends and people who love me! (Read: Ginny is so cheesy.)

Mom called to ask what I wanted for dinner and I randomly reply with "how about Enchiladas and Tacos?" So after work I headed over and had Mexican, and some cake. And opened my AMAZING NEW SHOES! They are silver and yellow Nike's and I love them. Brandi got me a singing card and so our whole family that is somewhat rhythmically challenged started dancing to the musical card. I also had yet another balloon with butterflies on it. And Greg re-wrapped my ipod that has been on his charger and gave me his old car charger. I love Greg!
Then the boys played a little ping pong on the porch.

After dinner I proceeded over to the Anton's house where I met Kristi and Casey and we had cake and ice cream (Thanks Casey!) and Kristi gave me two very cute tops from Ann Taylor Loft (we frequent there whenever they send her a coupon, or pretty much anytime). She also got me a very cute oven mit. Yep, super cute oven mit. Anything can be cute with fun fabric.

All of these great events added up to a great 27 + 1 birthday for Ginny Rae!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people