You are what you eat.

(Disclaimer, I'm not speaking to critically ill people or genetic diseases).

I am frustrated. You are what you eat. You get out of your body what you put into it. I'm not saying that I have a perfect diet or workout routine. But, I have watched people self destruct in my life and I'm tired of it! Stop putting a slab of butter on your baked potato. Stop putting a pound of salt on your rice. Stop eating three helpings of apple pie. Stop smoking. Stop drinking. Start exercising. Or have a heart attack and die. God tells us that our body is a temple. He tells us not to be a drunkard, or a glutton. We don't listen. We get sick. We get fat. We get high blood pressure, high cholesterol. We can't breathe. We have strokes, heart attacks, and we die. IT'S WHAT HAPPENS!
I know some people have a hard time realizing that what they put into their body is what IS their body. Watch the Biggest Loser. Watch the shows where they have to do the Gastric Bypass. Watch these people who are miserable.
I'm venting. I'm venting because I lost my dad at 53. An amazing man with a great 'heart' but a bad heart that wouldn't work anymore. Yes, genes can play a part in this, but if you take care of your body its sure to last longer. I'm frustrated because I've been speaking this in my family FOR YEARS. My step-dad yesterday has a mild heart attack. Stress induced.
I just feel like this is something people really need to pay attention to. God didn't put things in the bible for fun, or for laughs. He put them in there for a reason. If we stopped and read it and put it into practice to actually take care of these bodies we were GIVEN, or LOANED even...it would pay off. We would be healthier, happier, live longer (in most cases) and be able to serve the Lord better. There are so many starving people and here, we take advantage of everything we have and we are so spoiled and have everything at our finger tips...we're so greedy. We abuse what we are blessed with.
When are people going to learn?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people