Matthew 11:28

You'd think I'd have learned by now. There's a new song by Lady Antebellum called Slow down sister. I'd rewrite it to be "Slow down Ginny". When I don't....I get sick. There was a time in my life (like two weeks ago) I'd say: I never, or rarely get sick! Not so much anymore. Since I started working for Cheersport last summer, I've been sick several times. Traveling, working, traveling for fun, and too much 'stuff' to do has kept me going. It's like I think I'm superwoman or something. She-ra for those of you who remember the princess of power. I really do enjoy downtime, so I'm not sure why I don't take some of it. I've been thinking the past two days how nice it would be to be at the beach. I think because when I'm there, I'm slower. Life's slower. My t0-do list is non-existant and I just live. The biggest decision I have to make is what I'm going to have for dinner. I took Tuesday and Wednesday off work to rest. Wednesday I actually rested. Got caught up on some scrapbooking. I have been joking for a while about reading the book "Boundaries". Learning to say no...or no to overcommitting at least. I think I'm just so thankful for all the opportunities around me and I have this sense of urgency about me that I don't want to miss out on something in life because life's so short that I jump on everything. I fill up my calendar with countless things. I do leave room for the unexpecteds...but then those do come and then I have no downtime at all. Anyway, these are my ramblings for today. It's 1pm and I need a nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people