Like a kid again...and....the 4 Christmases

Ya'll! I am so excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas! I don't even know how to express this over a computer. My foot has been tapping all morning and I keep thinking about how thrilled I am to have a week off of work and going to the Christmas Show tomorrow, Operation Christmas Child coming up, and all the fun things that the holidays bring about. Thanksgiving is so fun... Turkey and all the Casseroles and Desserts, and being thankful for the things I've been blessed with. Playing football in the yard with the boys. This year will be really fun because it's at Badin Lake, one of the most amazing places to me in the world! I love family time, I wish there were more holidays! I just have that feeling right now, like I did when I was a kid, and it was the last day before a break and all the kids would be so hyped up that the teacher couldn't get anything done, so she'd call it a wash and we'd play outside. I'm such a dork!
Here are some pictures from last year's Thanksgiving and Christmas. Fun times!

Greg and I picking out a tree!
Mom says you must do Christmas lights with someone before you marry them....
Tadaaaa....
Barry and Wes....he usually stops by sometime around Thanksgiving while we are decorating. Everyone knows we decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving so we get alot of visitors. Thank you for odd family traditions. This is one of ours.
The Four Christmases.
Christmas Number 1 - is my mom's dad's side - The Davis Family. Usually held in Wingate, NC at my great-grandparents house, Art and Clara Davis the Sunday before Christmas. This year it will be Dec 21. No pics to post from this yet. There are usually at least 35 people at this Christmas event. It's gigantic.
Christmas Number 2 - is at my mom and Barry's house. Usually on Christmas Eve (not this year though, it's going to be the day after Christmas I think?) and it consists of my mom's mom's family... the Whitlow's - Granna and Dave, great - grandparents. Yes, I have two sets of great-grandparents alive. It's awesome.
The finished tree...The fattest cat ever... Granna (my great-grandmother and great-grandfather) Dave.
My cousin Ben, he plays Santa bc he's the youngest kid. It's been a tradition since....1970 something....
That's definitely a Ram above the mantel. Yep. Mint Hill.
Pajamas on Christmas Eve...Cheersport Christmas Party (This doesn't count in the 4 Christmases) Just thought I'd throw it in.

Christmas Number 3 - The Alley's. My dad's family. Ruby and Jewell, Mark and Carol, Steph and Jeff, Kendall and Karen with Zac and Trent, Sharlene, My brother Bryan, Carrie and Me. Sometimes my great aunt Reba and her son Jeremy come. This one is usually on Christmas Day in Salisbury, but has been changing recently. Sometimes it's at Kendall's house in Atlanta around Christmas.

Kendall and TrentSteph and JeffUncle Mark, Zac and my brother Bryan.

Christmas Number 4 - The Williams. My step-dad's side. My aunt Angie, and Andrea, Riley and Joanne. Joanne and Josh are pregnant this year, Yay!

Haha....No Wonder my scrap books are so thick! I have one ginormous family!

Comments

Jay said…
"It was 1970- something
In the world that I grew up in
Farrah Faucett hair-do days
Bell bottoms and 8-track tapes
Lookin' back now I can see me
And oh, man did I look cheesy
But I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'
It was 1970-something"

haha good song
This is harder than trying to learn the names of the Reindeers!
Katie said…
uuum.... excuse me! you forgot your 5th Christmas... that is, a mexican fiesta with the russells & newtons, of course! :)
Lauren said…
Dadgum, Ginny! You have more relatives than I have purses, and that is saying something! Have fun with (some portion) of the fam this week!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people