Why women should not tackle the car thing.

My car, a wonderful 2005 Honda Civic...is in the shop this afternoon. She's not hurt or having problems... just in for a check up. She needs new tires (the current ones have lasted me since I bought the car in Oct of 04 with a whopping 90k on them)...and I'm due for my 90k Honda recommended maintenance. I have no clue what they really do in the recommended Honda maintenance check up thing...I just know that I always get what they recommend because I know nothing about cars. Being that my dad is deceased, I have no grandfathers that are car - capable...and my stepdad is pretty much always busy working....I tackle the car thing on my own. I try to play the pitiful blonde who has no money. Would you like the Michelins...they are the best but of course run about 690....No sir...I do cheerleading for a living...what's the next step down? :)
Mike said something about a timing belt...better get that checked. Honestly, come on people. I can do alot of things and do them well, I can even wash and wax a car and have her looking brand new, but start talking belts and tires and I get this knot in my stomach. It all comes down to money really. I know there are people out there who compare the prices of tires at different places, and who do oil changes on their own, but me...really, I trust Honda. That's a scary thought. My uncle Kendall and uncle Jim helped me with purchasing the car. Kendall is in banking and Jim had previously owned a used car business before he retired. I had lots of help in that one, or I probably would've gotten ripped off. I think they should create a class in college that trains women in these processes. How to buy a car 101. How to change oil 102. How to get maintenance on a car without losing your bank account 201. Comparing Tires 110. Buying a house 300. (Ok so I know I took the NC Real Estate class/exam...but let me tell you, when you try do it yourself as a 27 year old female dealing with mostly older men...it is tough!).

Anyway, those are my thoughts on that issue. Today's been a great day so far and I'm learning to make Enchiladas tonight from Joselynn and I am super excited about it! Watch out Rachael Ray...here comes Ginny Rae :)

Comments

Taylor Lauren said…
So this made me LOL at work! Tell me how the enchildas turn out!! Love you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people