October 8, 2007

January of 2007 I met Janet Devaty. She was coming to help with the student ministry. She was about 5'2, blonde hair, blue eyes... she looked like she could be my sister. We became friends instantly, being two of the only single gals at Charlotte South. She was an incredible person. She would get up early, pray and read and get to work early. She would run about 6 miles in the afternoons. We would grab dinner some nights after work at Cheesecake factory or Harper's. She helped me get through one of the hardest times of my life.
She was disciplined, beautiful, intelligent, and a great friend. She loved people, loved the students. I'm thankful for knowing her the short time that I did.
Janet was awesome. She loved Jesus with her whole heart, Janet's mother had brought her to the Lord before her mom died from cancer. On October 8th last year, she was running her usual route and was hit by a truck. The Lord wanted her to be with Him. We are remembering Janet, and will never forget her. Please pray for Brad, as they had been dating about 6 months...for her family, who lost Janet and her mother within a short time span. Her dad, and her sister Julie. Pray for our high school girls and leaders who are hurting still.
It is comforting to know that one day I will get to see her, and my dad again. I bet they're friends in heaven.
To see Janet's baptism video at CSF - I was so fortunate to be there for this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH9DhyDyWEE

Comments

Katie said…
ginnnnyy... stop making me cry!!
Ginny said…
Aw Katie, I didn't mean to make you cry!
Taylor Lauren said…
I love you.
shaebe27 said…
This is so sweet. It makes me excited to meet Janet in Heaven.she sounds pretty much like an angel.
love you G!!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people