Twenty-ten...let the fun begin!


Or something like that. 2009 was a whirlwind. Great in 08, Time to Shine in 09, and in 2010...well, we will see. We started out the New Year in Charlotte with great friends and fellowship. We went over to Scott and Kristi Brooks' home (new house, they have so cutely decorated!) and Scott's family was in town for the holidays. We had a great dinner and talked and watched the Red Bull guy jump over the water in his car and then watched the ball drop - about eight times. Scott enjoyed replaying poor Dick Clark messing up the count down. Ahhh...New Years Eve :)

Katie was going to a party down the street and stopped by to say hi, was great to see her as always before they headed back to AZ. Who knows where they will be headed to next?!


Thus, the new year is here and new beginnings and thus far...it's been hard. My fun spirited self has dwindled over these first 8 days of the year and been all about what Dave says...you see, Dave is trying to get us out of debt (Thank you student loans for education and credit cards and appendicitis), but we do know that we need to be debt free. Adam started P90x, or, two days of it this week. It's a hard thing to get up before work to work out and our evenings are so full. My ciatic something was acting up - so no working out this week for me. I'll get back to it next week. It's way easier for me to work out at a gym, with people and classes and people. Did I mention people?

I'm trying to decide what to do with the rest of my life. Looking for work and just looking at all kinds of things. With the world and money like it is right now, who knows what I'll end up doing. Just praying through...maybe that should be the phrase for 2010. Praying through....we are sure praying through lots of things. I've thought about writing a book. That may sound crazy but I've always wanted to try. Really, what I'm looking forward to right now is the day we can buy furniture and Spring. Oh how I long for spring. I want to plant flowers and be outside. Yes. But, this is the winter season and there is a time for every thing, a season for everything. So I will rejoice and take this time to learn from the Lord and see what He has for me. A friend pointed out to me that this might be the only time I'll have this much quiet and little distraction to just spend time with Him. As was played by Shelly, Lem and Mike - All of my life, in every season, You are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship.

Comments

Lauren V. said…
"I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life."

Come organize my house and we can figure it out together? How's that sound? I know it's hard...praise God it's his plan to work out, and not ours, right? Meanwhile, I'm happy to read your "uninteresting" blog :)
shaebe27 said…
I love it! thanks for blogging. im sure a ton of people can relate. thanks for the encouraging words at the end. SO TRUE and so great to be able to rest in that. friends are great;-) love you dear friend!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people