Ten Little Happys

Lauren recently wrote a post stating ten things that she is happy about right now. While everyone is busy making resolutions and promises, this is a way to focus on the now :) Here are ten little happys in my life right now.

1) Bedtime and my husband. I'm borrowing number 1 because truly, this is awesome. Really, anytime Adam is home is a happy time. When he comes home from lunch, when he comes home from work, and at night when we just hang out and then go to bed. It's the most comforting, wonderful feeling ever. Love it. No matter what happens during the day I know that what we have is good and right and the Lord is with us. (Sorry if this is making some of you throw up).

2) Doughnuts and coffee. Ever since I could barely say "do nah and coccee" I have loved having the white powdered sugar doughnuts for breakfast with coffee. My mom has tapes of this when I was around 2. Yes, she gave decaf coffee to a two year old. Maybe this explains a lot about me. Haha. Regardless, I love it and have been having it lately.

3) Friends. I have the best, THE BEST, friends in the whole world. I could not ask for better ones. They live everywhere. I have a group of older amazing friends that live in Kansas, Phoenix, Seattle, Raleigh, Italy, the Virgin Islands. There was a time in 2006 I didn't think I'd ever make new friends that lived near me. Then came Team Church and the amazing girls that I was blessed with. Casey, Margaret, Kristi, Jos, Colleen, Rebecca, Julie...all their husbands, and of course all my high school girls. They are the most amazing group of girls!

4) Cooking new things. It's been really fun learning new things and making new meals. Adam helps me come up with ideas. There was always this long running joke in my family that I couldn't cook, so even though they aren't here to see it, Adam is fed and usually likes it! :) He's very helpful too...so that is always nice!

5) Crate and Barrell. Haha! I love this store and am somewhat addicted to the website right now.

6) The hope that comes with being on a budget and knowing that we will be debt free and good stewards with what God has blessed us with.

7) 60 something degree days in January. I needed this. I know God doesn't do this for me, but I sure am thankful that we had a break of some sunshine and warm weather!

8) My brother. I love my little brother. He is 6 foot something but will always be my little brother. I love hanging out with him and watching him play baseball and investing in his life.

9) Organized rooms. Stay tuned for a before and after of our 'office' room. I wish I had a true before picture but I waited til I had sorted some and then remembered to take it. Coming soon.

10) Writing. I love to write. I wish I would have pursued it earlier in life. I love reading blogs and writing and we want to write a book. It'll happen :)

What are your Ten Little Happys?

Comments

Rebecca said…
you've inspired me to do one of these. having a terrible day, but maybe this will help. it reminds me of the coversations my family used to have at the dinner table.... "name the three best things that happened today..."

love you g. hope you're having a great day
Lauren V. said…
Yay!! Thanks for jumping on the bandwagon :) Maybe I'll have started a blogging revolution, huh? Also, wanted to say I agree mucho with #7 and #9 - so delightful :)

As to #9 and organizing our apartment at 20/20, we may have people coming in to stay with us, but if not, I'd love to have you come over and whip our house into shape!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people