Seas and Trees...

This past weekend I was in Hilton Head, SC for my good friend Teran's bachelorette weekend. It was an adventurous, fun filled weekend with lots of sun, sand, laughs and nature. I was amazed by God's beauty all around me. We went for runs, walked on the beach looking for sand dollars and other creatures, and went on bike rides. We also went out to dinner, listened to live music and sang some ridiculous karaoke. All in all, a marvelous time!
This picture is from Harbour Town in Sea Pines Resort where Ashley works. We went there the last night for dinner. This sailboat was making its way into the marina.

We found two starfish on day 1, then on day 2 we went on a starfish hunt and found this one, we were so excited!
This is the first whole, not living sand dollar I've ever found. I'd feel guilty taking a live one :)
This was also at Harbour Town. This pelican was sitting on the dock. The sky was so beautiful. I could watch sunsets at the beach every day and still be in awe.
That little black dot in the middle is a dolphin. They were there Friday and Saturday all day. You could see them so clearly from the shore. This photo doesn't do it justice because I don't have enough zoom...but there were at least eight of them poking their noses up to breathe. It was great. Teran and I were only about 20 yards from them.
This crab is not living. However, Teran was very excited. So we took a picture.
Gators! On our bike ride through Sea Pines, this little guy (yes little, there were much bigger ones!) was hanging out while we passed by. I almost took an accidental swim with one of them.
And I couldn't resist taking a picture of this tree. Reasons why I love the south...
I wish I could store in a jar the way I feel when I first smell salt air. When I feel the breeze and the smell and the sounds...it makes me feel more alive than ever. If I could package that up for a bad day, or a rainy day, or a cold winter day...and take it out and breathe it in, I could become a millionaire. It's the same way though...or similar at least when I'm on a boat or a dock at the lake. There's something magical about dusk or a cool breeze or the way the light reflects on the water that draws me in. It takes me to a peaceful place where all the world is right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people