Fish on Land

I was telling my friend Kristi the other day that we sordof feel like Fish on Land. Out of place, awkward, and not sure what we are supposed to do to survive. Our lives have been a whirlwind since...well...awhile. We left the church Adam was on staff with Easter Sunday. Since then, we have been praying and asking God what and where we are supposed to do next. Move to Charlotte, move to Wilmington, move to somewhere a church hires us. Do we look for church positions or look for secular jobs...do we look for student ministry jobs or another type of ministry? Do we sell or rent our house? What are we supposed to do?
The answer to these questions are not yet decided. We have had some contacts for jobs but nothing has come through yet. We think we might want to move to Wilmington if we can find something. We pray every night asking God that we stay in His will.
Knowing all along that what His will might be is that we just trust in Him and be patient. Trusting that He will provide. That He knows all things. That He is in control. Only HE can sell our house. Only HE can provide for us a job or lead us into our next role. Only HE...
His will is that we become more like Him through whatever trials or questions we may be going through or asking. That we ultimately spend time with Him to discover HIM. Not to discover the answers to questions. His desire is for us to know Him. How much time are we spending with Him? How much time reading a day do we spend with Him? How much time in prayer do we spend with Him?
This has been a huge burden on my heart lately. I'm really asking myself, where are my priorities? They are where I spend the most time. Is God getting my time and my priority? And if not...what is wrong with my heart in that I'm not willing to give Him that? He was willing to give everything for me. Praise the Lord for His love.
So, while I may feel like a fish on land. I know,  I'm one loved fish that just needs to spend time with my Father. The rest just doesn't matter.

Comments

Hi Ginny! Just think how much stronger this experience will make you and Adam. I can't wait to see where you 2 end up, your faith inspires me!
Chris Sellek said…
amen! God's been teaching me very similar things in my own life! one encouraging thought i've had going through my head during this time - nothing will stop His will from occurring. i just need to trust in that, and let Him have full control!
shellyeve said…
the blog is beautiful, you are beautiful - the Lord has you right where He wants you - it's strange to think about in times of transition but enjoy it! I'm so encouraged by how He evidences Himself through your life and love for others. :) praying for you!
Ginny said…
Thanks you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

I think I offend people