On Overload...

Where to start.

The 4th of July was amazing. I'll begin there. I went with Teran, Paige, Adam, Lauren, and Jeff to Paige and Teran's parents house in Franklin, NC and it was wonderful. I felt very relaxed. We went hiking, to the fireworks in downtown Franklin, to Fat Buddy's restaurant, and white water rafting. We also were able to meet the Amish friends of their family. I love Amish people! haha, I couldn't wait to meet them. It was a weekend full of laughs and smiles and lots and lots of fun. I love the mountains! (And my new chacos, they came in handy!).
Then, on Tuesday, the Student Ministry went to the Matthews Help Center to clean and do some service work around there. After, we went to the Siskey Y, where I got really burnt, and then we played Boggy Pong (there's no way to describe this super fun chaotic game of group ping pong except to see it), and then the leaders went to Li's Chinese in Lake Park for dinner. They have delicious chicken!

Then....here's where my life got interesting. Tuesday night at Li's we're all talking. Brad, Brad, Casey, Margaret, Calin and myself. Brad S asks "speaking of the beach, are we still going to be able to go?" and I respond with "yeah, my grandfather isn't going to sell it for a while, so that's exciting"....then, I see my phone vibrating on the table, glance, and it's one Jewell Alley calling me. Hence...the voicemail says "I want to talk to you about selling the beach house, and see if you're interested in buying it". um....

Of course I want it. It was my dad's, it's a great investment, and it's cute. So, I call my mom and the past two days have been full of discussions of me buying this house. Now, it's not rocket science, because my income is not massive. I don't have a ton in savings. I've been in the "get out of debt" plan for at least three years now and come April I won't owe anything on credit. Only my student loans and 4 months of my car payment until it's paid off. So, technically, come April, I can afford to pay for a mortgage. However, come October, I have to move out of Katie's house. Hmm. I need a place to live here, can't find a roomate, and need to buy my dad's house. What?. I'm sorry...my heart's so loud that I can't hear what you're saying. Thank you stress.

Now, I know that I want God's will to be done. I know I need a place to live in October, because I can't move in with my parents because my sister lives there now. I can't afford a one bedroom, so I need a roomate. No roomate to be found thus far. I can't afford a mortgage and a hefty apartment rent. What to do... so now, I'm considering the income thing. Should I look for a job where I can make more money? Becauase I know I could definitely find one where I make more. I know God will provide. I just know it's going to test my faith and He's going to do it in ways I would have never seen coming. In the meantime, I break out in tears occasionally because my brain and heart and body can't fathom this whole situation.

This weekend Katie comes home for Ella's birthday party. Shae asked me to go to Topsail with her tomorrow morning. My aunt asked me to go to Lake Keowee with my grandparents (the one that might be selling me the house) and my uncle Kendall this weekend, and then there are things going on here like Katie being home, lunch with Kevin and Emily Layne, a birthday party for Nick Dusenbury, etc. I can't even decide what to do this weekend, how am I supposed to buy a house? haha. I'm only kidding about that. I still question if I'm in the right city. I pray God will give me confirmation on that soon, as well as all these other questions. I'm extremely blessed, and extremely stressed. :) Lord...just guide my path please. *and don't let me do anything stupid.

Comments

Lauren said…
I'm glad the weekend before the week was stress-less, since the week seems to have been full of it! Sorry you've got lots of decisions to make and a lot going on in your brain, but the Lord will work it out and in a few months, you'll wonder what all the stress was about! So, to quote a famous theologian, "Don't worry. Be happy." (Ok maybe not a famous theologian, but....)
shaebe27 said…
HAHA..i think that quote is very deep! i wish it was easier to follow all the time...but man G, that sure is a gizillion things to think about/decide between..God's really been asking me and challenging me about what i do with my time..i find its hardest when there are lots of choices..but He will show you the best decisions!
Rebecca said…
i love you ginny! i need to see your face again soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people