Independence Day and Traditions Part 2

Last year around the 4th I blogged about Traditions and starting new ones. Last year was at least a little traditional because I went down to the beach, stayed at my dad's house, visited with the Humphries and my grandparents, and then for the day of the 4th, drove to Raleigh and watched fireworks there.
The 4th is such an awesome time of memories for me. Most of my life I spent the 4th with my dad, who was one of the most fun, amazing people I have ever known. We spent it at Badin lake in my younger years, until I was 14 or so, and then we would always go to his house at the beach, or spend it at Pine Lake CC with Pallie. Those are some great memories! At Badin Dad would get up early just so he could pull me tubing and skiing before everyone woke up and crowded the lake and our cove. There's something special about being out on the lake when it's smooth as glass in the early morning. There would be a boat parade and my whole family would be there, we'd watch fireworks from the boat at alcoa. Four years ago I was in Boone on the 4th. Three years ago I got so sad on the 4th that Pallie wasn't here, that I went to her house anyway and laid down in the backyard on the golfcourse and watched the fireworks by myself! Two years ago I was in Monaco with Katie. And last year, on Edwards Mill Rd. Haha.
I've decided, it's just about having fun and hanging out with good people celebrating the amazing country we live in and the freedoms we have! I love holidays, they are so much fun! Taking some time off work, relaxing, and being able to just enjoy life. It's much much needed in this busy world we live in. So I'm going to the mountains with Teran, Paige, Lauren, Jeff, Adam...and I'm excited. I've never been to Franklin before but I've heard good things! I just love the mountains. We're going hiking and white water rafting. Bring on the fun!
Tonight I'm having the high school girls over to my (borrowed) house for dinner...it's going to be great! I'm sad Kristi can't be there because she's at the lake with Scott and his fam, but we'll do it again soon so everyone can be there. I'm not sure what I'm making yet, but hopefully it'll turn out alright. What could be more fun than me and lots of high school girls and Casey?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people