"Good morning Lord, what should we do today?"

Those are the words that my father spoke when he got up in the morning. It may sound cheesy, but for someone who spent 20 or more years not living for the Lord, when he decided to change his life around, he really meant it. He spent every day of the last 12 years of his life asking the Lord what they should do today. I ask myself this question, What is God asking me to do today?

The past several weeks I have wondered if I am where "i am supposed to be" or "doing what I should be doing". Such strange but not so strange questions to ask. I just wonder if I am missing something or not listening. But then there are days when I think I'm silly because there are plenty of reasons I'm where I am. So then I weigh the pros and cons to all sorts of different places and things I'm involved in. This is an ongoing process.

Here's the thing(s). I get impatient about getting married and having a family. I know I'm not the greatest cook, but I mean, a girl improves with time. No, I'm only kidding about that part. I really do want to have a family, and be a great wife and mom and be involved in 'things'. And so, I'm trying to focus on enjoying my singleness while I have it. I do get to travel around the country and do fun stuff like that. I get to have girls weekends, and I get to do whatever I want almost all the time. But, I still want the family. I'm not saying I want kids tomorrow, but I do at least want to be headed down the road to marriage.

Then there's the...am I in the right place thing. As far as Charlotte. I've done this question several times, and I have been blessed with lots of people and friends and a church here in Charlotte that I love. So, this is where God has me now and unless he moves me, I'm staying here.

Other things...the, I am gonna need a roomate thing, and how long do I do Cheersport thing. Oh, and, Do I start my own company thing? Lots of questions. And the answer, is of course...God will show you what to do and when to do it and how to do it. He always provides at just the right time because He has perfect timing and knows exactly what you need when you need it.
Ok. So don't worry and stop wondering about all these 'things'. Right?

And get up in the morning and ask, Good morning Lord, what should we do today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people