Indiana is Farmland.

I've been in Indiana since Monday June 17. We've been visiting gyms like crazy. Meredith is with me and so far we have eaten at Chick fila twice, Cracker Barrel, Macaroni Grill, Panera, TCBY, and numerous gas stations and hotel breakfasts. Tonight was a great night...because we have been driving from approximately 10am to 9pm each night visiting allstar and gymnastics facilities, we haven't been able to work out. Today however, an amazing thing happened. I'm not exxagerating because when you travel for a living, the little things become amazing things :) We found a Holiday Inn Express (mainly because I have a priority club for Holiday Inn hotels) and they were booked. The super nice lady, named Jennifer, said that she could honor the Holiday Inn Express rate for the Staybridge Suites next door. Jennifer walks away briefly, and then nice lady at the desk (she'll go unnamed because she wasn't wearing her nametag) said that we were getting upgraded because the Staybridge is "alot fancier, and they have hotdogs and hamburgers tonight". Woo hoo! So she hands us a post it and we drive our rented Hundai Sonata next door. In we walk to the nicest people on the planet. Irena was at the desk and she booked us a room for the rate next door, said they were having complimentary hotdogs and hamburgers and wine etc from 5:30 to 7:30...hello non chain restaurant food. The guy who cooked them, his name was Ryan and he was very nice. Jennifer made her way over to the Staybridge to chat with us about Cheerleading, and to ask for my card so she could help us out next time we're in town. Then, super nice other guy, asked us where we were staying for tomorrow night and we realized we were supposed to be staying at the Holiday Inn Express because it had a shuttle. He says, OH you should cancel and just stay here two nights. We NEVER get to stay in the same hotel two nights in a row. But super convenient because we are right near the airport and we have gyms to visit in this area. You mean I get to leave my suitcase on the floor and my shampoo in the shower for a whole day?! Oh the joys. Haha. So we went and ate a hotdog and then hit the fitness room. Gotta keep in shape while I'm traveling!
We did notice there are several FEMA people staying in our hotel that are helping out with the disaster recovery from the floods that are hitting the area. Two gyms we were supposed to visit have been badly damaged by the water. I can't imagine what it's like to have floods destroy everything.
Meredith just informed me there is a Jon & Kate plus 8 marathon on!
Only one more day and then I fly back into Charlotte and no more work traveling for the rest of the summer. Praise Jesus. I do learn alot, and I'm sure the Lord is using it to prepare me for something someday.
Check out our website if you want to see what I do!
www.cheersport.net

Goodnight from Indy!

Comments

Taylor Lauren said…
I loved reading your post:) It made me smile thinking about the life of hotels! Although, I don't travel nearly as much as you do, I totally can relate! I'm so glad you got to meet wonderful people and eat a hot dog and work out! Yay! Miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people