Why I am a Clemson Tiger fan

A lot of people have been asking me lately, why are you a Clemson fan? I did go to N.C. State and was a Cheerleader there none the less. Let me explain.
My uncle Kendall went to Clemson. Not only did he go, but he played for them during their amazing track to the National Championship in 1981. He was a wide receiver, #89. I love my uncle and am very proud of his accomplishments. My grandparents had orange everything...in their house in Salisbury there are still lots of remnants of those times. A pin my grandmother wore to the games, a clock with the National Championship team on it. My first college football games were in Death Valley. I have pictures of me, my sister, mom and dad with my uncle and my grandparents all out on the field after the games.
When it came time for me to go to college...in my mind, I was going to Clemson. I applied, had letters written, and I got in. I made a trip down with my friend Katie over Valentine's weekend (which I don't recommend because everyone is at mixers and socials) and stayed with one of the cheerleaders there. We went to a game and met the cheerleading coach. I wanted to go to Clemson.
Then I realized how much it cost. I lived in North Carolina which meant out of state tuition. I sat there at my kitchen table with a letter of acceptance to Clemson, N.C. State and ECU in my hands. Clemson had sent me a sticker for my car (I still have it). My friends thought they were all going to State, but they ended up going to ECU and all rooming together. (Katie, Pal, and Carmel). I knew I was going to be paying for my school, so I thought I'd make the wise choice financially and go to N.C. State.
Middle of my freshman year, I remember calling my Dad and saying..."Dad, I think I want to transfer to Clemson"... but I didn't know how.
I continued on at N.C. State...and graduated from there. And other than the fact that I made some great friends at Campus Crusade and I met my husband through my roomate Shae...I'll always be a Clemson fan at heart. I will always cheer on my Wolfpack of course, but don't blame a girl for sticking to her roots.  My cousin Zac is there now and works with the football team. I am loving that they are successful once again that an Alley is in the Valley :)
So even though I am a Wolfpack fan and an alumni, ...I will root for the Tigers. Don't judge me!
 Mom and Dad
 That's mom, dad, and my ticket. I was 9 months old at my first game
 Me and my first dog named "Tiger"

 Me and Dad, and Me and Papaw Alley at the game
 Fan day at Clemson :)

 Me, my sister Carrie and my uncle Kendall
 Me and Kendall
 Clemson Colors The Sky :)
 Me, Dad, and Bryan (my older brother)
 Love this picture
 Go Tigers!

Comments

Julie said…
These pictures were great! So neat to see you as a baby. You were a cutie!!
Lauren V. said…
Wow - you and your mom look so much alike in that photo! I thought it was you!! Haha :)

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people