Debt Snowballing It

Today I was having lunch with my sweet friend Katie and we were discussing finances. Money is on my mind a lot lately (lately, um, the last 5 years?) and a big part of our life is our 'get out of debt' plan. I'm sure you've read somewhere in here that we are doing the Dave Ramsey, My Total Money Makeover and debt snowball. We are working hard (and for me, that means working...after a long time of job hunting) at putting as much money toward debt as we can. We don't splurge a lot, we have a tight budget, and we are trying our best to stick to it. God has always provided for us.
We are tithing 10%...something we refuse to stop doing.

Here are a few things we're sacrificing to make this happen:
- I went to my natural hair color, no more 100 dollar highlighting
- We cancelled the gym membership, a savings of 64.99 a month
- We cancelled Time Warner and went with Dish for a much less expensive deal
- We coupon

There's something to be said for living below your means. Even my pa-paw mentioned it to me the other night on the phone. :)  I'll keep you all updated on how we're doing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people