Give me a tin roof, a front porch, and a gravel road. - Little Big Town

This morning I woke up when Adam did (way earlier than I would ever want to) and typically I just go back to sleep. I'm not a morning person...shocker, I know.  However, on Wednesdays, the trucks at the plant across the street back up alot apparently. They are loud. Then the landscaping dudes come out and they have a contest to see how long they can hold their leaf blowers. After that, the longest train ever, really I think it won the guiness world record for longest trains, goes by. Then of course, there must have been an accident on the highway because the helicopters are flying over head checking out the traffic. After going to bed later than desired and then having a few interesting/bad dreams (I always have dreams, crazy ones for those of you who don't know) I was really hoping to sleep in a little this morning. Now, I realize there are a lot of people who have to get up early....I'm just sayin' it would've been nice on this one day if the sounds of the city were, say, nonexistant :)
We have talked about living further out someday. We both do like the conveniences of the city so we wouldn't be too far away, but just enough to not hear all the noise. I have this picture in my head of some land, a farmhouse or cottagey style home with lots of flowers and a garden and some trees the kids could climb on. This morning, that was not the picture I had, haha. But, Here's to dreamin'...
  A seaside cottage
I found this one here.
This is a fun one... a craftsman style
I found this one here.


A traditional farm house
found this at istockphoto.com
And I think this is my favorite. 
I found it here.
Well...that's all I've got for now! :) Happy Hump Day everyone!

Comments

Katie said…
sounds like waxhaw is calling your name! :)
Ginny said…
I love waxhaw! :)
Lauren V. said…
Those all look so peaceful and nice :) Normally I'd encourage you guys to come church plant in a city with us, but today....I might just run away to a beautiful house in the country somewhere with you!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people