Inspired...what to do with it..

I doubt my blog has ever made blogspot's "Blogs of Note". Or that anyone hitting the 'next blog' button has ever spent more than two seconds reading my ramblings. That's just what they are...ramblings. I usually have random topics or thoughts or things that make my heart jump or something that bothered me or pictures from a recent event. Tonight I went to see Julie and Julia with Shelly. It was a great movie written about a blog that was started by Julie Powell learning to cook Julia Child's recipes. She would go to her mundane job every day and come home and cook because she enjoyed it. She turned something she loved into a life. Eventually the blog became a book which then became a movie that I'd go watch on a Sunday night in September with Shelly. Now...
I have spent (as most people do at times I'm sure) a significant amount of time and energy lately trying to figure out what it is I should do with this life God has given me. When I was very little I wanted to be a dancer. Then I read an article in Reader's digest when I was about 12 and decided I was going to be a neurosurgeon. A modern day Grey's anatomy dream, haha. After that I thought about a journalist like my aunt Karen's sister. So when I went to college and tried to figure it all out, I started out in Communications. I took an event planning class because my roomate Presley at the time had one and loved it. I thought I had it all figured out. I would 'create my own' major and become and event planner. I got a job at a country club 'planning' things. I made about 12 dollars an hour and continued to increase my debt. I then went through a whirlwind attempting to move to the Virgin Islands with Pallie and then to Wilmington only to land back in Charlotte and a short stint with BGEA...short meaning, like, a day. Off to commercial real estate land for two years where I suffered through sitting in an office (granted a nice office with windows) and learned how much I hated sitting in an office. Instead of eating lunch I would take walks around the business park looking at flowers. Seriously. My old coach calls and then asks me if I'd like to come work for him doing 'event planning' type stuff. Except really I didn't get to plan much. Made a few calls to a facility and then kindof got to run an event when he wasn't there. Definitely didn't love the job. So, then when I lost it in March, I once again am trying to figure out what to do. Since then, I have applied for lots of jobs in all different fields. I have thought about becoming a personal trainer, or a group fitness instructor, or doing my own event planning company (even though I think sometimes I am not quite creative enough to do that and everyone and their brother seems to want to start one) or should I organize things for a living...work in a bridal store...what in the world should I do I constantly ask myself over and over again. I do not want to spend my life, or any time at all really, doing something that I don't like just for the sake of a paycheck. If I have been given this time to try and figure out what it is I want to do....then I could surely find a job I will actually like. What is it God made me to do, or be good at doing...or passionate about? Heather told me not to take a job I hate, and I have had that same advice from several people who are much wiser than I. Even today, at church this morning I was reminded to not do something just for the sake of doing something. So then, I ask, what should I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people