Best game of pick up soccer ever

Last night at the beach we had a cookout at the park in N. Myrtle with the college students for the last night of the retreat. After we had eaten and I had sadly lost in ladder ball we went over to the outfield of the baseball field and played soccer. There were 8 of us so we played 3 on 3 with goalies. It was amazing! Everyone playing was athletic and some had never played before and some had played a little or a lot. They all played so hard and we played to 10! The game ended at 10 to 9, and we were all giving 100%. In the van on the way back Mary said "will we make the blog?" Haha! Of course!!! I also got a comment from one of the college students...he said "You're pretty good for a youth pastor's wife" LOL. Such fun times. So yesterday I ran/walked with Leigh in the morning and then worked my butt off playing soccer :) I think that counts for my workout for 2 days. Still reading in Luke and last night Adam taught about Luke 14 and the parable of going to the banquet and sitting at the lowest spot, and if the host asks you to move up to a higher spot, then you are exalted. Don't exalt yourself and then have the host humble you. Go into situations humble setting yourself low, and then if it happens and you move up, good :) It was great. This week has been so much fun and full of laughs and good food and tons of sun and sand. I had a great time spending time with the high school students, the college students, and of course Adam. Loving life right now :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people