Why yes, I'm a morning person

This is Lake Serene. Serene was the best word I could think of when remembering why I like mornings. I'm not a morning person in the sense that I like to wake up at the crack of dawn and rush around like a crazy person, forget something, and then end up somewhere I don't want to be. That's not a good morning. I'm a morning person in that I love mornings. I love twilight, dusk....too. But in a different kind of way.
My body, my mind, my heart....everything is a little more relaxed in the morning. Probably safe to say alot more relaxed in the morning. If I wake up on my own (or at least without the awful hum of an alarm clock) I am peaceful. I don't talk much...and my mind doesn't race. It's the most wonderful feeling! Even when I had a roomate that would come into my room and we'd sit on the bed and chat, those are fun times. Relaxed, enjoyable, serene mornings. Waking up to quiet...sometimes waking up to other sounds. When I was younger waking up to the sound of my grandmother singing and making breakfast. Or the sound of someone outside mowing the grass. (Not the sound of a train, that I so often hear now! haha)
I stayed at Katie's last week and got to wake up to Ella :) It was the sweetest thing, seeing her wake up so peaceful and just waiting for someone to come get her. LOVE IT! I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks with relaxing mornings....especially when you get to wake up with friends and family around, or with a Christmas tree...oh man...it's gonna be great :)
His mercies are new every morning.

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

Comments

Lauren said…
Never thought I really enjoyed mornings, until I read your description. I do LOVE mornings like those! Waking up because I've rested enough - not because an alarm jolted me awake, leisurely stretching in bed, laying there thinking about what's ahead, getting "kisses" from Benny, and making eggs and bacon and enjoying taking things slow.

Those are great times. Thanks for the reminder!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people