Great in 08

Hi folks....just sittin here thinking... 2008 has been great. Taylor and I came up with the theme for it this year after 2007 sucked (defined: not good, horrible, sad, unhappy, dramatic).
But, 2008 has been GREAT! I'm so blessed with friends, family, a job in a time of economic chaos, and the love of Jesus Christ. I've tried my hardest to avoid drama this year, to spread cheer (pun intended) and love others. God has drastically changed my life from 2007 to 2008, and it just makes me so thankful for how amazing He is! I think part of it is a positive mindset too...with encouragement from friends and an attitude of Great in 08, you can help make it what you want. Living life breath by breath, moment by moment, and trying to be obedient in individual circumstances helps to not be overwhelmed by stress in life. Granted, life can still be stressful, but choosing to not let it overcome you is half the battle. In 2008, I've made new friends, traveled to Alaska, Illinois, Kansas, California, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Georgia, SC, and Arizona. Still headed to Richmond, VA and Birmingham, AL in the next two weeks. What a year! Haha. I've been able to spend more time with friends and family and the student ministry at CSF. Also helped with the Butler Football meals on Fridays which was a fun new experience!
Taylor suggested, Time to Shine in 09...and I like it! One reason I like it is because of my hometeam and the bible verse we chose to focus on that talks about shining like stars. I am called to be a light and shine. And I just have this feeling that 09 is going to be a good year!
Yay God! :)

Comments

Haha. You're SUCH a cheerleader!
Taylor Lauren said…
Man, we are really good at coming up with themes...we should do THIS for a living;)
shaebe27 said…
Time to Shine 09.can i adopt this?
April said…
Hey Ginny, its April. I came across your blog through a random chain of blogs. I think Time to Shine in 09' is great. I might need to borrow that from you, due to my circumstances from 08:)

Hope you have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people