Master Bath and Makeup

This was one of the first rooms we organized. We are still in the process of the Master closet and bedroom. I didn't take before pics of all the drawers, or after of all the drawers, just the ones I think become the most messy places. Here's what it looked like before:
This is the top drawer after I organized it. I got these bamboo containers at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I will get more of these eventually, but for now I use them for makeup, hair bows, nail clippers, and Adam's cologne samples. Basically all the little items.
This is under the sink on my side. The white basket holds extra toiletries like mouthwash and body wash. 
The white 3 drawer holds floss, travel size shampoos and conditioners and small lotions. 
The round box holds all of Alley's baby stuff for bath-time. 
The few bottles in front are the ones I use the most frequent. 
The blue container holds nail supplies. 
I recommend Target for rubbermaid storage and drawers. Believe it or not, they are almost always cheaper than Wal-mart and I find the quality is better. 
Always use a cleaner to clean your makeup brushes every so often :) I use Bare Minerals Brush Shampoo. It works great and only takes a little drop. Go here to buy it.
Here's my after shot of the counter :)
I threw out A LOT of makeup. Head on over to Confessions of a Product Junkie blog for a recommended list of how long you should keep your beauty products. I took our kindle in the bathroom, looked at each item I had and compared it to the list. If it was longer than the recommendation, I tossed it! It was liberating! Go here: The Confessions of a Product Junkie
It took me only about an hour and a half to do it all. Start small if you need to. One drawer or space at a time. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

Hooray for Chacos.