Mamaw Davis - Clara Belle Davis

My beautiful, wonderful, fashionista, loving, sweet, caring, fiesty, great grandmother went to be with Jesus last night. That is something I'm sure of, she loved the Lord. She was a member of Austin Grove Baptist Church since, well, a really long time.  In honor of her, I decided I would post. She and my great grandfather Arthur created an amazing, gigantic family. I literally had to plan our wedding around how massive my family is. We count off at Christmas and we never have less than 30 of our immediate family. They had 4 boys, who had lots of kids, who had lots of kids. They had one great-great grandson, my second cousin, Miles. I love these people. Clara and Art were married over 70 years! What a testimony to marriage. They lived in the same house forever. They had a farm, orchards, chicken houses. Now the chicken houses are all full of old furniture and just stuff. They have a "Christmas house" which hosts a Christmas tree all year round. It has photos all along the walls of the family they built. Rows of photos. Every family event we now have there. It's basically this old school trailer Papaw built and put on the land so Mamaw could host the ladies and bible study groups from church there and not have to worry about the main house. They worked hard, Papaw worked hard and God blessed them. She would tell me the story of how she remembers having an ice box and every morning she would make biscuits when the boys were little. She sewed all their clothes. She was the portrait of class.  If you have ever wondered where my fiestiness or 'opinionated nature' comes from...I credit that to Clara too. She was a lovely woman.

Greg walking Mamaw down the aisle at our wedding

Favorite. Ever.

Thankful they came.

Davis Family. Only about 1/2 of them.

At their 75th wedding anniversary party in the "Christmas house" Papaw got her these flowers. He would always go pick a flower and then knock on the front door and make her come open it and hand her what he had picked. :-) That is marriage of 71 years folks.

Birthday at the "house" that is on the lake at Tillery. Ya'll. This is just half the boat house. Their big green boat house is well, if you live on Tillery you probably hate it. Haha.

Greg and Mamaw at Christmas 2009.

Art and Clara.

Comments

@shellyeve said…
what an amazing woman. cool to see the blessing she was in your lives. :) love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people