At first sight? Throw tradition out the window please.

Ok, I have to get this off my chest. The last few days I've been looking at wedding photos to print to put up in our home. I have been lying in bed this morning thinking about it. You see, I read a lot of blogs (hence out of control blogroll) and alot of photography blogs (that may or may not be on the blogroll) and one thing keeps coming to my mind. I wish we would have done the whole "at first sight" thing. Adam and I talked about seeing each other before the wedding, but I stuck with tradition for some reason. Well, I didn't want all traditional photos, just to stick to that tradition. I do think a certain amount of traditional photos are good to have. Now, let me clarify in saying I had an AMAZING photographer, and this is definitely not her fault or really has anything to do with her :) I just wish that we would've done the see each other before the wedding thing and taken all the romantic, sweet, just him and me photos before. After the wedding and before the reception...no matter what you tell yourself, you will feel rushed to get to the reception because you'll feel guilty for making your guests wait. Don't do it! Take pictures before. Or, I guess, the other alternative is doing the day after shots or a trash the dress session with your hubby. The one thing I wish I had more of is pics of just me and him. Of course, it was our wedding day...so shouldn't that be what we have the most of?! So for any of my single friends or soon to be brides...throw tradition out the window and see your new hubs before the wedding! And, I think it'll make your ceremony not feel like so much of a blur...you'll be a lil' more comfortable. :)
Thoughts from the G for the day.

Comments

Lauren V. said…
Haha, you're funny :)

We did our photos after the wedding, and I'm still glad. We threw tradition out the window in a lot of ways (seeing each other all morning of the wedding, doing our rehearsal a few hours before the real deal, etc.), so my nerves were already good and calmed. Plus, as a couple, we're pretty good at keeping people waiting without any guilt. So, we took our sweet time taking LOTS of photos while the guests ate, and we didn't feel rushed at all :) I guess it all depends on how your day plays out and a lot of factors! But, I still think you guys got some great photos, pre-wedding photos or not!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people