Menus and Money Saving

It's very comical to me that the older I get, the weirder the things are I get excited about. This week for example: our house rented. YAY YAY YAY. This means a lot of things. It means that we will actually be able to pay our mortgage, the water bill, and the rental company with what the renters are paying. This is an amazing thing. We are thrilled! We are getting better at using coupons and saving money. Now, I'm not the type to announce to the world on facebook every time I save a few bucks, but we are excited to be better stewards of what God is giving us. I never knew that I didn't have to spend a fortune at the grocery store to still cook well for my husband and have the things we need. That is something to get excited about. :) I also never thought that I would be the type of person to make a menu for the week, but the truth is, when you do...you save money. If I can save money on food to buy a new....(insert cute clothing item or house decor here) then I'm all about it. When you make a menu, you don't spend extra money eating out or going to the store multiple times a week. I can thank my dear friend Meg for her help in teaching me these things. I still get excited about alot of the old things, like college football, pottery barn, spending a day on the water, and a new song on the radio :) But, it's good to get excited about new things too!

Comments

April said…
Glad you guys found someone to rent the house. Hope you are doing well Mrs. Ginny :)

oh I meant to tell you...we found a church in Raleigh we really like. Have you heard of Southbridge?
shellyeve said…
i love it! i love the new things to get excited about - the new ways we can see the Lord moving in our lives... it's pretty awesome. i'm so glad the house rented!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people