More than a Glimmer

My last 'update' was more of a mini-update...so here is my full blown McCullough household update. :)
We did move back to Charlotte and in with some friends from church. They have been wonderful to offer up their home for us to stay in. It has been fun staying with them and great being able to share food costs and split up cooking nights. Brad has been able to help us with some automotive work as well, we are so thankful! (Especially when I backed Adam's truck into a pole in the parking lot at my job and now he definitely needs a new bumper!) Speaking of my job, I did end up working for Philip...a friend from high school who owns a printing company. I am helping with his office work/quickbooks etc.
In addition to all that, and most importantly...Adam got the job we mentioned in a previous post! Praise the Lord!! He went through a lengthy application/interview process and last Monday they offered him the position. He will be working for the Hartford doing commercial underwriting. Our dear friend Scott has been very helpful to us in this process. So, Adam starts this coming Monday! We are so pumped!
We put our house on the rental market after absolutely zero luck trying to sell and it rented within a week. Yay for renters and money coming in to pay the mortgage on the house in Georgia!
We are still trying to sell Adam's truck to further us along in the Dave Ramsey plan and on the track to being debt free. We have had several people show interest, so hopefully they will buy it.
Some of you may be thinking...well, what about church? We are going to Team Church which is my 'home' church here in Matthews. It is an awesome community of believers and we have been welcomed back with open arms. Adam will be teaching the Alpha Males, a high school group of guys emphasizing leadership. I will be teaching 9th grade girls. We are both excited to be serving in church again. In addition to that, we have joined a hometeam of our own studying the book Trusting God by Jerry Bridges. What a great study for where we have been the last 6 months! God has provided in so many ways.
So...as I mentioned in my 'things are lookin up' post, there was indeed a glimmer of hope. We have now seen that the glimmer was actually a very bright light at the end of a 5 ish month long tunnel. We are so blessed, thankful, and excited about this new season of life!
Thanks to all who are joining us in this adventure via blog world! :)

Comments

Lisa said…
Ginny- that is awesome you are able to work with Philip. I know he was needing help. I am glad that Adam got a job. Good Luck with the Dave Ramsey plan. I have heard of it, but not sure what it entails. Hope all is well!

Lisa
Katie said…
i just love you, ginny. you truly inspire me! i'm so excited for this new phase of your life! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people