18 years - Here he comes ECU!

Today was an emotional day for me. I'm sure in part because I am a woman and certain times call for certain emotions, but also because my not so little brother left for college today. Excuse me, August 1992, weren't you just here? I was 11 when my brother was born and we actually shared a room for a while when he was little. I babysat many a nights/days and then once I could drive became a taxi driver sister :) I wouldn't take back a day of it, it was such a blast. I was 'cool'. I was cool throughout high school and college. I think I'm still cool but I'm sure that is debatable in the eyes of a college freshman. You see, I am my brother's biggest fan. I watched him play t-ball, basketball, take horseback riding lessons, more baseball, went to awards banquets, graduations, you name it...I was there if I could be. I am so proud of my brother. He graduated from HS with a great GPA, lots of awards in sports, and most importantly, great character. I took him to visit ECU, NC State, and Chapel Hill. He really liked ECU then and decided that would be where he would go. So today, that's where he went. My little 'G' went to college! I still can't believe it. And, I know before too long I will be at his graduation looking back on 4 years ago. Crazy how time flies. Here's a picture of us at one of his last baseball games in High School. Yeah, I bought him that shirt :)
Good luck Greg! I hope you have a blast!

Comments

Jay said…
awesome :) He's lucky to have such a great "big" sister. haha i had to put big in quotes cause well he towers over you haha

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people