Still shinin' in 09.

What a year it has been and will continue to be. A journey for sure. To think back already so far this year, it started New Years in Raleigh with lots of great friends, then my birthday in Charlotte with lots of great friends and surprised by Adam, another year spent working on Valentines day, being 'fired' or whatever you may call it, getting engaged, planning a wedding, losing an uncle, moving twice already...what a year eh? Lots of ups and downs and through it all I hope I come out of this year 'shining'.
I'm still on my journey of getting in shape and reading through the New Testament for those of you who may have been keeping up. I just started Acts and am really excited about reading through this book. Already I have been better about picking it up and reading it daily this week. The gospels are great because you get to learn about Jesus's life, death, and resurrection from different points of view... but I'm liking Acts too because it is teaching me about the disciples and about how the church began after Jesus was taken up to sit at the right hand of God. I like it... :) As for the getting in shape part, the class I've been doing on Tues/Thurs has been awesome. I've learned a lot of new exercises to do with weights and without, to build muscle and to activate certain areas. Jesse and Brian (the two guys who lead it) have taught us how using your back, core, and glutes more helps to burn more calories throughout the day. I hope I continue this after the class is over. I think I'd go back and be a personal trainer or nutritionist if I had it to do all over again. It's so interesting and helpful to people.
I'm 30 days away from being a married woman. Wow. I'm so thankful for the awesomeness of this...and I am really looking forward to that day getting here! The engagement period has definitely been fun and exciting but we are both ready :)
This fall has been filled with an engagement party, showers, beach trips, Raleigh trips, and a tour of schools for Greg and Brandi to visit. We went to ECU, Chapel Hill, and State. Here are a few of our pictures from our tour of State. I'll post some others later. But we'll do the best one first! 
 
I am obviously a little bit biased :)

Comments

Taylor Lauren said…
We need to come up with a phrase for 2010!
Ginny said…
Hmm yes we do... what should it be?!?
Ginny said…
More like Him in 2010...
Laugh and grin in 2010
Sing a hymn in 2010...ok now ya'll's turn...

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people