Just keep writing

 The online world is wild, really. It seems to have gotten more and more wild over the years. Sometimes the fear of comments or other peoples opinions keeps you from writing. My buddy Matt said to me "keep writing, Ginny". An influencer I follow said you only have dreams until you have projects. I love to write but if I keep it all in my head and it never makes it to a digital file or paper then noone will ever know it was there. It's all a dream. If you don't tell anyone your dream, it remains locked up in your thoughts and while sometimes that's okay with dreams...other times there is no way for it to become reality. If you want it to become reality, you have to turn the dream into a project. 

My projects start with lists. As most I'm sure, it gets created in our mind, makes its way to a list somewhere, and eventually if I decide to tackle the list, the list turns into individual projects. When I think of my life, it's daily small projects. Unloading the dishwasher or vacuuming out the car or putting the toddler down for a nap. Small projects.  However, to turn dreams into projects it takes extra time and effort. We only have a limited amount of time on the earth and once we are gone it's only a few generations before nooone remembers us. If we didn't make the effort to preserve any memories, photos or words, it all vanishes. I think about the written word, and how in the bible God says "In the beginning was the Word"...we know the Word is God...but without the written word of the bible and others telling the story over and over of Jesus, we might not know of Him. Not to equate our stories with the story of the bible, but we are part of the story, and our story points back to God. I've given this a lot of thought and it makes me want to continue to share my story and those close to me. Not everyone is a writer, but everyone has a story. My grandmother, Ruby Alley, wrote a lot in journals, notebooks, notepads...anywhere. I remember we would have AOL conversations (in the late 90s and early 2000s) and she would print them out and mail to me to make sure it was me "on the other end of the computer." It makes me giggle thinking about her saying it.

I'm going to start writing again. It may be short blips, and it may only be on this small corner of the universe's world wide web, but at least I'm putting my thoughts and stories out there for my children to see and remember. 


xoxo,

Ginny


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Hooray for Chacos.

Fish on Land