Blessings

Wow. The last 24 hours have been so good I just had to write about it. I am pretty honest in my blog. Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes, it's not. I write about what I think and feel during each season of life. Having a baby is HARD. She tried to come early at 19 weeks, I had bed rest, two hospitalizations, magnesium sulfate (ugh, that stuff is AWFUL), lots of medical bills, and then a c-section. Try having a c-section after your muscles already don't work from laying down for 4 and a half months. I couldn't even get up off the toilet by myself. For.2.Weeks. TMI? The medical bills abounded and then we had jaundice, low milk supply, followed by reflux and colic. I had a meltdown somewhere in there. Two of them actually. Thankful for my neighbor who came to help and my mom and mother-in-law and my sweet husband. So, needless to say I had a rough 2012. But we are blessed. I have a healthy baby girl who sleeps at night and is starting to nap well during the day. Colic is on it's way out and I am feeling much stronger these days. God is good. God was good even through all of that. I don't want to be one of "those" people who only says that God is good during the easy times. Jerry Bridges would frown on that :)
So, back to the last 24 hours. My best friend Katie had her baby last night. Leah. Baby #3. A healthy little girl. That's exciting in itself. My other best friend Pallie is on her way to town from St. Thomas  for Thanksgiving. Just knowing I am going to see her makes me happy. Alley slept 8 hours last night. In.A.Row! Then, she took good naps yesterday and today. She's 2 1/2 months. Ya'll, this is frickin amazing. I feel amazing. I woke up this morning (which is Adam and I's anniversary, woop it up) to a text from a friend saying there was something on my porch. A card, with money in it. I was shocked. I stood there in awe. The amount wasn't any ordinary amount. It was an amount that Adam and I just couldn't believe, a random amount. An amount that means something to us. Nothing like that's ever happened to me before. It was the nicest thing ever. I still can't believe it. As if that wasn't just wonderful enough, Katie Russell brought me Chick-fil-A for lunch. We had fun chatting it up. Then, I went to run an errand for my Mom to take with us to visit them in the morning and on the way back I picked up the mail. There was a gift in there. A gift for Adam and I. It was an adorable N.C. State cheerleading uniform, in Alley's size, with a gift card to The Cheesecake Factory! I really just am in awe of this wonderful day. God really went out of His way to make me feel loved today. I don't know why, I sure didn't do anything to deserve it, but I am grateful. I am thankful for the people He used in my life today to let me know He cares. He provides. He loves.
I thought it was blog worthy. I don't ever want to forget this day. What a great day. Thank you Lord.

Comments

Julie said…
Such an uplifting post! So happy for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people