Whirlwinds and such

I feel like I haven't read a blog or gotten on here in forever. I have been adjusting to a new job! I am now working at a church here in town as an Administrative Assistant for an Outreach Center. It is great and I think I'm going to love it. The hours are great and the pay is great and well, it's just great. Changes like that always take some adjusting to. It's nice to feel like a productive member of society again. I don't know who I was kidding when I thought selling Mary Kay would bring in the type of money that a real job does. It doesn't, and it definitely doesn't have all the perks that come along with it. I never understood Multi Level Marketing companies like that and always said I would never do one, and now I'll still say, I shouldn't have done it. It took away valuable time with Adam and caused a lot of stress in my life. It took away money that I would have paid off debt with, and some of that I'll never get back. Now, we are making way more progress paying off our debt and progressing in our Dave Ramsey plan.
We spent the 4th of July at the beach and then went again this past weekend. We will be teaching bible studies this fall and know we won't be able to take off on the weekends like we can now. I plan on posting some pictures from those two trips soon, got some great photos of the sunset from the boat this weekend! We got to spend time over the 4th with Adam's family too because they brought their RV up to NC. Saturday night we got to spend time with some of my favorite people, Ryan and his wife. It was great hanging out with their family and catching up! I honestly have no idea what everyone else has been up to so if I haven't talked with you recently, I'll be trying to do some phone calls this week! I hope everyone is having a great summer so far!

Comments

Kelly said…
So excited for your new job! We can trade stories! soooo glad you had an awakening about Mary Kay.. its not worth taking time away from your family and you'll def make more money at your new job.

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people