Discipline

I may have blogged about this somewhere back in the land of blog but because it's on my mind again...here goes.
There are certain people in my life I look up to. Family, dear friends, acquaintences...they all have one thing in common. Discipline. I have the utmost respect for disciplined people. The ones who do the things they say they are going to when they say they are going to. They don't procrastinate or make excuses for why something hasn't been done or try to blame it on someone else. They are go-getters and put in 100 percent to the things they take on. People like...Caitlin Storck for example. She gets up every  morning no matter where she is or what she is doing and does her quiet time. Literally, we would be out of town in the middle of nowhere Illinois and she would get up and go into the hotel bathroom and do her quiet time before everyone else got up. That is discipline. My friend Kristen T. She knows exercise is important to her husband so she gets up before her two children and her husband and works out and does her quiet time before they all get up! That is something to strive for. Katie...she gets something done if she says she is going to whether it's make a phone call, order something, make something...it gets done. Scott, now that guy, he gets up at 4:30 in the morning to go run before getting to work and then works a really long day! And Kristi, knowing her man is working so hard, always has dinner ready when he gets home and the house clean. (He calls on his way so she can know when he's coming). These people are disciplined. I'm not saying they are perfect, just saying they have discipline in their life. I would like to be more like these people! Jesus was the most disciplined of them all and I know it is an example I am to follow.  It is my prayer that I will become more disciplined and more like Jesus!

Comments

Lauren V. said…
That's something I admire about Adrian a lot and have been trying to emulate as well. It's really hard to be disciplined in the everyday things - like quiet time and working out - but it's those daily things that make up our lives. So, I applaud your desire to be more disciplined - here's to hoping we can both do it!
Lisa said…
I do admire the people who have discipline. My friend Mandy is training for a 1/2 marathon and she has remained on her running schedule since Dec! I am so proud of her. I get determined, then I lose motivation and quit. But we have to remember to do these things for ourselves and not other people! He have to find our own happiness within ourselves before we make anyone else happy.

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people