Perspective

There's a picture in my boss's office of the mountains. Underneath it says "Don't let valley trials keep you from mountain vision". I was thinking about this today...

I went to California for work on my birthday a couple of weeks ago. Was surprised by a visitor at my gate at the airport :) But when we were outside of the airport I kept looking at the mountains in the distance, from the car, and then from the Santa Monica pier, and even the ones in Hollywood. Beautiful mountains. When we were in the Phoenix airport for a layover I could see them off in the distance, surrounding the city. I really enjoy looking at the mountains.

However...the view from on TOP of a mountain, is much more incredible and amazing than the one from the valley. Sure, you have to go through some rocky spots, some hills, maybe even a few cactus that leave a thorn in your foot...but once you get through all that and to the top...the view takes your breath away.

It's much harder to see that view from the valley...you don't know what's up there, and you don't know what obstacles you'll face when you climb the mountain, but it is definitely worth the climb.

And once you get to the top of the mountain, you can see how far you have come, and what you went through, and that the trials in the valley....didn't keep you from mountain vision.

My prayer today is that I'll stay out of the valley, climb the mountain, and see what's up there. My bet is that the reward is much greater than the risk of the climb.

Comments

Patti said…
Nice post! I love the mountains... thanks for sharing Ginny! :)
shellyeve said…
hey g - this is beautiful and very encouraging to read. love you. climb every mountain. :)
Jay said…
YEah!!! I need to go climb a mountain today lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people