Life in reverse

Adam and I have been talking about smartphones this weekend. It would be an easy way to take pictures and video of our new baby girl and share with each other (or, me share with him while he's at work) or with our parents and an easier way to upload online or to Shutterfly, which is usually who I use for prints and albums these days. But they are a little more expensive. To off set we're talking about cutting cable, and looking at what other expenses we might can cut that aren't necessary. We/I don't want life to be one big distraction. I am around people that can't carry on a conversation sometimes without checking their phone every two seconds.
 I keep finding myself reading blogs about natural cleaning recipes, natural body products (see www.desiringvirture.com or www.homehealthheart.org ) and they always direct me to the way things were done "back then". Bleach is bad, face wash is bad, use oil and water to cleanse your skin...um, really? Oil is the problem! :) No, I love these blogs really. They are addicting. And then the girl on the Home Health Heart blog writes about how she is going to stop blogging for a while to focus on her home. There was an article from a blog that went around a while back from Hands Free Mama www.handsfreemama.com and it's about being just that, hands free. From phones and internet and blogging and everything else. So, while it seems that modern day has given us all this new technology and convenient face washes and cleansers in every shape or size, we are now diverting back to "the way things were". So ironic.and.exhausting. You have to try harder to do it the old fashioned way!
I'm not sure which way to go, or just to stay somewhere in the middle. I do want to cook healthier home made meals without all the junk in them. Menu planning is a must to stay on our budget. I do want to clean my home without the harsh chemicals. I do want my face to be "naturally"cleansed. But all this is a lot to keep up with these days and keep up with "life".  I don't want to become one of those people who are always so "busy". Good greif I have friends that cannot sit still with their kids for two minutes.
Our lives are getting ready to drastically change. We are having a baby, in somewhere between 3 to 5 weeks max. I want to be very intentional on how I spend my time, what I look at, what I read, where I post, how I post, and just live.
Wow, random thoughts abound. What do you think?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello there I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found you by accident, while I
was browsing on Digg for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a fantastic post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
I don’t have time to browse it all at
the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS
feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a
great deal more, Please do keep up the awesome jo.


Look into my page; Heidelberg Kindergeburtstag

Popular posts from this blog

Things...

Fish on Land

I think I offend people